Pamper yourself with a relaxing home manicure. Just a few simple steps and you’ll achieve the same results as a nail salon. That goes for pedicures, too!
1. File nails to the desired shape and length. (I like to keep mine square.) Use a nail buffer to smooth the nail surface for an even polish application.
2. Soak hands in lukewarm water to soften cuticles. Dry nails and apply cuticle oil or gel to soften them more. Let sit for a minute.
3. Use a cuticle trimmer, if needed, but only on the sides.
4. Tuck cuticles gently back along base of the nail with a cuticle pusher. Don’t trim this area; that leaves nails vulnerable to infection. Wash hands and apply hand lotion. Remove lotion from nails with nail-polish remover.
5. For polish, I chose Sally Hansen Miracle Gel, which requires no UV light. My favorite color is No. 430, Creme De La Creme. I applied two coats, then sealed it with the gel top coat. This polish lasts up to 14 days.